We are so excited to share our newest pattern, Heirloom, with you! It’s only available in the 2018 Quilter’s Planner along with 13 other sewing and quilting patterns from some amazing designers! Preorders are now open for the 2018 planner and they always sell out, so if you’re thinking about picking one up for yourself or for a gift, now is the time to do it! They begin shipping the first month of November, with plenty of time for gift giving.
If you’re not familiar with the Quilter’s Planner, here is a little bit about what it includes:
- 8″ x 10″ planner, 240 pages
- Weekly and monthly calendar pages
- Project planning pages and project at-a-glance pages
- 12 monthly blocks featured in a new Quilter’s Planner Sampler Quilt pattern by Cheryl Brickey NEW!
- A companion full-color glossy magazine with 13 quilting and sewing patterns by top designers NEW!
- 4 pages of planner stickers by 2018 Featured Artist Alison Glass NEW!
- Laminated cover and colorful tabs designed by Alison Glass NEW!
15 coloring pages designed by Alison Glass NEW!
- To-do lists galore
Deadline planning pages
Bee block & swap projects planner
- Yearly goals planning page
In-depth reference section with cutting measurements and yardage planner
- Fabric chart from Andover Fabrics featuring Alison Glass fabrics NEW!
- Measurement chart for personal garment sewing NEW!
Lots of graph paper and blank drawing paper
- Pocket on the inside back cover
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Our mutual love for the southwest, particularly New Mexico, brought forth our Heirloom Quilt Pattern. The rich Navajo culture and influence in the area is beautiful beyond words and full of inspiration. Our Heirloom Quilt is a modern interpretation of an ancient weaving design. We chose to create our sample using our favorite southwest palette of turquoise, coral and tan, but we can’t wait to see how everyone else interprets this pattern for themselves.
It is beginner friendly and sews up super quick with simple strip piecing. The pattern also translates really well to other projects such as pillows and table runners.
For our Heirloom quilt, we used our some of our favorite Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Elements solids mixed with The Denim Studio. We used:
Pure Elements Cozumel Blue, Fresh Water, Coral Reef, and Grapefruit
Solid Smooth Denim Adobe Clay and Indigo Shadow
Outland Yarn Dyes Vanilla Mist
We hope you love this pattern as much as we do! We’ll be cooking up some different color schemes, variations and pattern hacks over the next few months, so keep an eye out here!
You can see the other awesome patterns included in the 2018 Quilter’s Planner here!